Record-keeping and pay slips
Changes to casual employment
On 27 March 2021, sections of the Fair Work Act relating to casual employees were amended.
We’re reviewing the information relating to casual employment in this online learning course in light of these changes. We encourage you to check back here for updates.
For more information, see Changes to casual employment – industrial relations reforms.
Good record-keeping helps you protect and manage your business.
This course will help you understand:
- what employment records are and why you need them
- when employment records need to be made and how long you must keep them
- what pay slips are and what details you need to include on them
- how to handle common record-keeping and pay slip questions, respond to audits and interact with Fair Work Inspectors
- tools and resources available to help you manage your obligations around record-keeping and pay slips.
The course is interactive and lets you control your learning journey. Interactive scenarios are available to help you test your knowledge.
Start the course now
Before you start, we recommend logging in or registering as you can:
Login or register first
Start the course as a guest
- save or print a completion certificate at the end of the course
- save your progress, pause and resume the course later
- get emails about new courses you might be interested in.